[dev] Setup, Configuration, Options, Preferences

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Aug 30 18:30:48 UTC 2010

> What do you think about settling on exactly two of those?
>
> We use "Setup" in the admin menu, but the configuration file is
> called conf.php, and in the documentation and support questions we
> call it "configuration".

+1 For Configure/Configuration

> The same is true for "Option", prefs.php and "preferences".
> And then there is "settings" which is used for both in docs and
> mailing list communication.

+1 For Preferences, though maybe Settings would be better since it's shorter?

> This is basically important for the English interface, but we should
> try to reduce confusion by only using one term for the global
> settings and another for the user settings.

Configuration for global and Preferences for the per-user settings.

> And while we're there, does anybody object if we standardize on a
> single config file name for the backend configuration? I'd vote for
> backends.php to replace sources.php, servers.php etc.

Sounds good to me.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein