[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 549a1a57841717f032d1d95e86d10679297356e1

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Sep 8 17:07:09 UTC 2010

> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:
>
>> commit 549a1a57841717f032d1d95e86d10679297356e1
>> Author: Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>
>> Date:   Mon Aug 30 09:12:59 2010 +0200
>>
>>    Added the Interfaces package.
>>
>>    Rationale:
>>
>>    When looking at the Kolab_Session package I realized that
>>    "Horde_Auth::getAuth()" calls have been converted to
>>    "$GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth()". While this may be fine on the
>>    application level I don't think it is acceptable on the level of a
>>    framework package.

This change was not meant to be permanent - it was only meant to allow
the packages to continue to work while we move them over to an
injectable framework.

See, e.g., the Auth or Identity factories for examples on how to
inject a username into a package.

And if a certain library is so tied up in authentication related
stuff, it should be living in Core (or, at worst, in a separate
package that has a required dependency on Core).  For Kolab stuff, I
would imagine this might be the best tactic - or is the expectation
that the Kolab-Horde integration code will be used in areas outside of
just installing Horde applications?

michael