[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 746fd8a136b2d33195b65baff5d31b41e0f747d9

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Oct 6 17:16:47 UTC 2010

>> commit f3a6dc0c929f22a19ae083e1a2a9a078cf0349e3
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Mon Oct 4 13:09:30 2010 -0600
>>
>>    Fix Horde_Cache_Session creation.
>>
>>    Not sure how else to do this, but with the recent compress config option
>>    added to horde/Cache, this is the only way to pickup this option. Also,
>>    this was broken since theoretically use_memorycache could have been set
>>    to true but creating Horde_Cache_Session this way would not have honored
>>    that config setting.
>>
>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Factory/Cache.php |   21 +++++++++++++++++++++
>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php           |    4 ++++
>> 2 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Factory/Cache.php?rt=horde-git&r1=b398b6a38e650e23a6f3216681d2c1496e7d4010&r2=f3a6dc0c929f22a19ae083e1a2a9a078cf0349e3
>> http://git.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php?rt=horde-git&r1=8093932637eef9fdbb299b76c8d3057536eb8001&r2=f3a6dc0c929f22a19ae083e1a2a9a078cf0349e3
>
> One of the things we were trying to do is to make all of the
> factories use "create" for their creation method, so that we can
> condense the initialization array in Registry.php. What about just
> having a separate factory for this case, if it's really necessary?

I do think it is really necessary - since we don't want to fallback to
session caching in all (most) cases.  But as mentioned in the
comments, IMAP tree creation is one of those items that is so
expensive it is worth it to save in the session.

Maybe it would be better to remove this as a factory binder and simply
use something like
$injector->getInstance('Horde_Core_Factory_Session')->create([$use_session =
false]) instead.

michael