[dev] Hudson reload issue

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Mon Oct 25 08:37:49 UTC 2010

> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> When Jan added a new Hudson job this weekend we got a few
>> notifications about builds showing green again. These were bogus
>> mails and as far as I can tell it is a Hudson issue:
>> http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-7885
>>
>> Hope to get some feedback soon. I still have another idea for a
>> workaround and will look into that later today.
>
> I'm not sure whether it is an issue. Since the new package didn't
> show up, I restarted Hudson. I'm not sure if this is required, or if
> there is another way to reload the package list.

Restarting is required if the configuration changed on disk - which we
will do most of the times when we add a new job. Creating the same
configuration via the web frontend is cumbersome.

And I believe it is an issue as not all of the jobs loose state.
"horde" and "php-hudson-tools" do not show the same behaviour. And in
fact Hudson seems to have the necessary information on the hard disk.
There are links to the last successful build and they look fine. So I
don't see why the information is lost on reload.

I just don't want to have 20 e-mail every time we need to add a new
job or restart the system (which we will also do on a Hudson upgrade
or after adding new plugins).

Cheers,

Gunnar