[dev] Adding new jobs to Hudson / failing jobs

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Mon Nov 15 05:37:17 UTC 2010

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> commit 66c946aecdca2726b5e463691dc36a581cccfa69
>>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>>> Date:   Fri Nov 5 16:58:15 2010 -0600
>>>
>>>   Fix Horde_Mime/PHPUnit 3.5 bugs. All tests pass
>>>
>>> framework/Mime/test/Horde/Mime/MailTest.php |  135
>>> +++++++++++++++------------
>>> 1 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)
>>>
>>> http://git.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Mime/test/Horde/Mime/MailTest.php?rt=horde-git&r1=ac74b5e1c12c6eb0831c1f149d3018ea2d083f08&r2=66c946aecdca2726b5e463691dc36a581cccfa69
>>
>> Message mainly for Gunnar...
>>
>> horde/Mime should be ready to go for ci/hudson.  I just can't quite
>> figure out the command-line arguments for the components script to
>> generate the appropriate hudson configuration.  Help?
>
> You should be able to add the new job into the
> horde-support/ci-hudson/Makefile and run "make job-Mime". After that
> you instruct Hudson to reload the configuration.
>
> The reason why I didn't document this yet is mainly that adding new
> packages needs this reload. And that somehow leads to a loss of
> state and most jobs are assumed to be failing - which results in
> annoying mails to the mailing list.
>
> We also had a few failing builds in the past week that seemed to
> result from installing PEAR dependencies via the network. The
> components tool has been able to install these from a local download
> but I still need to update our build server to actually use that.
>
> Hudson is on my agenda for today and the weekend as I wanted to blog
> this on Monday. So I'll post here again once I fixed the issues I
> currently still see with the system.

Hudson updated and everything that was added is indeed "green" now (yay!).

  - The job setup runs network-less now. I verified locally that all external
    PEAR dependencies are being pulled from the PEAR sources I collected in
    https://github.com/wrobel/horde-pear-dependencies

    This should help to avoid bogus job failures because of download problems.

  - The "Db" job has been fixed. This failed before because of
https://github.com/sebastianbergmann/phpunit/issues#issue/71

  - A number of new packages have been added ("Mime" among them). Basically
    everything from the framework that was "green" without additional fixes.

  - Adding new jobs was something that already document before
    (http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/CI) but reading through it again now I think
    it still needs some fixes. But in general you should be able to
get your own
    local Hudson setup up and running in no time and adding new jobs
should also
    be easy. Contact me about anything that is unclear/not working and I'll
    update the docs.

Cheers,

Gunnar