[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 76152d6a2976549c96ae0aec5b20c4669b8a68bf

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Nov 16 08:35:34 UTC 2010

>     Remove all external charset conversion API for prefs.  Charset
>     conversion, if needed, should be done entirely within the storage
>     driver (prefs now assumes all in-memory prefs are in UTF-8).

I don't see how this is supposed to work. This is how we used to do
charset conversion with prefs in Horde 2, and it failed miserably.
Chances for failure are fewer now, because we don't need to care about
different UI charsets anymore, but if you convert the serialized data,
instead of converting before the serialization, you end up with
invalid serialized strings in the storage.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/