[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 809c8971a0bdbb9f7071bcedfcbabbaa9d8017ae

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 24 20:44:22 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> commit b51fa785eeb174c27097278cfa89066c38a34b3a
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Wed Nov 24 10:53:48 2010 -0700
>>
>>    Horde_Session does the necessary serialization; if passed an
>> array, it will also compress it
>
> FWIW, I was presenting this data as an opaque type on purpose, since
> the data obtained via this method is only intended for caching, not
> for general use.

We can look at creating a Horde_Share_Cache object, store the cache
items in there, and then store the object in the session if you are
looking for more transparency.

We should never be storing serialized strings in Horde_Session.
Horde_Session will do the serialization for us.  This is critical
because Horde_Session will compress any data that it serializes (if
lzf compression is active).

On my installation, I see two horde_share entries that total
approximately 1700 bytes uncompressed and 850 bytes compressed.
Reducing session size anyway we can is a worthy goal, especially since
the session storage may not be local.

michael