[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 1d8ff2de823315dc95e72b00ffe5e73595d31e17

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Nov 29 19:58:45 UTC 2010

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

> Would it be okay to extract Horde_Session from "Core" into its own
> package? "Kolab_Session" works with the session object and depends
> on its interface. But as the framework packages must not depend on
> "Core" having Horde_Session in there is a problem. I assume there
> might be other packages working with the session as well.
>
> I checked the dependencies of Horde_Session and it looks like such
> an extraction should be no problem.
>
> Or is the intention to handle all session data retrieval/storage
> within "Core"?

The intention of Horde_Session is that it is horde/Core specific.  The
design idea was that if you need session access in another package,
write a session storage driver that directly accesses $_SESSION.  For
use of this package in Horde, we use a Horde-specific session storage
driver that instead uses Horde_Session.

See, e.g., Horde_Prefs_Cache_Session and Horde_Core_Prefs_Cache_Session.

michael