[dev] Configuring Horde Git for Twitter

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Wed Dec 8 19:26:35 UTC 2010

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> On Dec 8, 2010, at 3:04 AM, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I tried to configure my Horde4 installation for my twitter accounts
>> and got to the point where I can confirm the access on the Twitter
>> side but I don't know how the callback part should work.
>>
>> I also wouldn't mind documenting the setup procedure. The wiki
>> apparently still lacks the necessary steps. Do we have some hints
>> on how to get this working somewhere?
>

> I thought I had some docs in the Twitter package, but maybe they
> were just developer docs. in any case, the basic steps are:
>
> 1. Register the web application with Twitter and get the 2 OAuth
> keys needed. 8 will assume you have either done this or know how to.
> If not, I can walk you through it.
>
> 2. You will need to add the callback URL for your horde install to
> the settings for the twitter app.  This should be the full path to
> your /horde/services/Twitter.php file.  This page receives various

Thanks!       ^ This was the URL part that I was missing. I didn't
know where the callback should return to. I got the access to the
account working after I fixed this.

Some notes from the process:

  - I have been using the HttpClient based on fopen(). This triggered
a WSOD when I used invalid customer key/secret credentials. I also got
a WSOD when the callback was executed. The twitter profile information
got saved though and I was able to access the account.

  - When I was searching for the callback endpoint I read somewhere
that it should be possible to send the callback URL together with the
token URL. Is that correct? If so, could it be used to automatically
provide the callback URL to twitter?

And last but not least the "Tweet" button does nothing at the moment
:) But that is a minor issue I still have to look into...

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Gunnar