[dev] git - DIMP: Reply/Forward popups currently non functional

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jan 6 18:42:04 UTC 2011

Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:

> Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com> a écrit :
>>> FYI.
>>>
>>> In DIMP, if you highlight a message and click 'Reply' or 'Forward' -
>>> a window will pop up ( also FYI - despite the Compose in New Window
>>> preference unchecked) that just says 'Loading..'
>>> Viewing the Source shows all the data appears to exist, but the JS
>>> 'show()' doesn't seem to be executed after page load.   This also
>>> occurs for "New" Message.  Which all seem to be tied to
>>> compose-dimp.js.
>>>
>>> Note - This DOES NOT occur if you double click a message to open it
>>> in a new window - it will appear correctly, and both Reply and
>>> Forward within the new window are working.   This one appears to be
>>> message-dimp.js
>
> Hi,
>
> I am seeing this as well. This started to appear about 3-4 weeks
> ago. But I still haven't figured out why this is happening. There
> aren't any errors/warnings (horde.log, apache, firebug).
>
> If I change imp/templates/dimp/compose/compose-base.html as mention
> below, I can see the div "Loading", but everything works just fine
> and still no error.
> - <div id="pageContainer" style="display:none">
> + <div id="pageContainer">

This is irrelevant.  This just means that the javascript code in
compose-dimp.js to unhide the container element is not being reached.

> I tried with the default (horde/imp) pref values.
> I use FF 3.6.12.
>
> Any hit on how I can debug this?

Using Firebug, set a script breakpoint at the top of the onDomLoad
function in imp/js/compose-dimp.js and step through that function
(e.g. using F10) to find the place where the code is throwing an
exception.

michael