[dev] [chora] Chora problems with Non-ASCII character filenames

Frank Rust frust at iti.cs.tu-bs.de
Fri Jan 14 12:22:23 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Frank Rust <frust at iti.cs.tu-bs.de>:
>
>> Quoting Frank Rust <frust at iti.cs.tu-bs.de>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with chora (latest stable versions of horde & chora).
>>> When browsing through svn repositories containing files with
>>> non-ASCII characters I get an error
>>>
>>> : Error executing svn log: svn: URL
>>> 'svn://my.svn.host/svn/a//M/k/?\195?\156berblick.ppt' is not
>>> properly URI-encoded
>>>
>>> Can someone point me to a patch?
>>>
>> I did it mysqlf. Maybe someone is interrested in my solution.
>> There needs to be done some clean-up to put it to public...
>> It was needed to patch the horde/VC/svn.php, chora/annotate.php,
>> chora/browse.php, chora/co.php, and chora/lib/Chora.php.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Frank.

> A simple rawurlencode() should do it too.
>
> Please create a ticket on http://bugs.horde.org/.
>
> Jan.

For the svn command, this maybe easier, OK.
But for the chora display I needed to convert (e.g. \?195\?156) first
to utf-8 and then utf8_decode this string to be displayed correctly in
chora. Don't know why utf-8 characters don't display correctly. My
solution also just works for 2-byte utf-8!

A Ticket has been created  (Ticket-No.: 9512).
Frank.