[dev] Horde_Share_Base::listShares()

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 17 23:34:51 UTC 2011

>> ...and to contradict myself again, I actually think it would be
>> possible to keep using the gallery ids. I'll try to work this out
>> on a separate branch and see where it goes.
>
> I buy the argument for shorter URLs, but non-guessable URLs for
> direct guest access have their merits too.

Long non-guessable URLs should definitely be present, but should use a
separate value than the primary key, one that can be
changed/regenerated/revoked separately from the whole share. Also they
should be at least 32 characters, maybe 40, to be a good hash.

To make sure I'm clear, I'm hugely in favor of supporting such a
system, especially for things like calendar sharing.

-chuck