[dev] Horde_Group Refactoring for Horde4

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Jan 25 06:34:21 UTC 2011

Sveiki,

Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 3:30:05 AM, you wrote:

> If you *are* using nested groups for some purpose, (especially in
> an application which does not reside in the Horde repository) please
> let me know, and let me know how this change might affect you.

We  are  using  nested groups on the wiki and whups. But mostly we are
using  them  to group similar groups AND to separate exceptional users
from    main    group   that   are   dedicated   managers   of   their
application/queue/etc. For example:

System engineers
|-> Engineering Managers for Whups
|-> Engineering Managers for Wiki

IT managers
|-> IT Managers for Whups

Later  in  Whups  we  add  All  rights  for  "System Engineers",
"Engineering  Managers  for Whups", "IT managers" and "IT Managers for
Whups"  in  main  Whups  tree.  But  *only  View*  rights  for  "Systems
Engineers" and "IT managers" on every related queue.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius