[dev] Horde4 (git) skeleton status

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jan 28 17:03:17 UTC 2011

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi,
>
> what is the status of the current Horde 4 skeleton app (in git)?
> Does it reflect the H4 "best practices" or is it a more-or-less direct
> conversion of the H3 skeleton without new approaches in mind?

AFAIK, we have been keeping skeleton up to date with the refactoring
of the existing applications. This means skeleton reflects the current
H4 structure of the soon to be released applications. Keep in mind
that some things like e.g, dependency injection, might not be so
obvious from the skeleton.

That being said, for new applications which utilize libraries such as
Horde/Routes, Horde/Controller and Horde/View to a greater extent
might lead to changes in this structure.

> In other words: Is it usable for straight-forward practising H4 development?\

Sure, with the above caveat in mind.. :)

--mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org