[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. fa8d644f8ca59a43056e5eae668ff1699d36be24

roman stachura roman at stachura.ch
Mon Jan 31 20:10:55 UTC 2011

Am 31.01.2011 20:03, schrieb Michael Rubinsky:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> FWIW, Vilius' earlier email in this thread really clarified things
>>> for me, and filled in the holes that I was missing regarding what
>>> was going on between horde <--> mysql, and I think it makes sense to
>>> (re)add it.  The problems that I think I had with it was due to
>>> corrupt/incorrectly encoded data that existed in the database(s) I
>>> was testing. I also posted a link to an article I found that I think
>>> explained why I was having these difficulties. If needed, I can dig
>>> up the link again.
>>
>> Was this it? http://www.bluebox.net/news/2009/07/mysql_encoding
>
> Yup. That's the one :)

Constant utf-8 support in horde  is  kind of a big issue whenever you
like to work with external datasets, trough the api.
Json accept only utf-8, most of the external api's accept as well only
utf-8.

If you mix those things up, it might work or might not, and than you dig
deep to find the cause of the problem.

I had some time consuming debugging sessions to get things working in h3.

roman