[dev] ActiveSync

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Feb 2 20:56:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  I'm currently playing with ActiveSync, and I've managed to 'add' my device
(iPad), but I have a couple questions/problems.

  1. The device shows up as 'not privisioned' - what does that mean?
  2.  When I try and bring up mail, I always get 'Cannot connect to
server'.  My backend IMAP server is Dovecot, using Maildir.
  namespace {
    inbox = yes
    location =
    prefix = INBOX.
    separator = .
    type = private
  }

  3. I can't seem to get the Addressbook to sync.  On my account, Horde
seems to find 73 entries, then loops indefinitely and I can't see anyone on
the iPad (localsql).  Likely not unrelated, I also am having issues with
turba in general.  I don't believe I have any major diff between the
default settings - localsql 'just works'.  I can't make any changes in
Turba Preferences, even on a brand-new account.  Otherwise everything
appears fine.
  Oddity - when I modify the conf.php for Turba via the web UI, the default
addressbook has my name in it. :/

  4.  Calendar seems to work!  :)

  I did have issues getting the alias to work in lighttpd -

alias.url =
("/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync"=>"/var/www/html/horde/rpc.php");
    I mean, it works, but it doesn't seem to work with ActiveSync, so I'm
currently just pointing to fqdn/horde/rpc.php

    Is it just me again?  :)

    Rick