[dev] default backends

Ronan SALMON rsalmon at mbpgroup.com
Mon Feb 14 14:32:08 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider a ecrit :  > Zitat von Ronan SALMON : > >>> commit
a0c1ee118b71c24b4ecb12da20606822490992ec >>> Author: Jan Schneider >>>
Date:   Sat Feb 12 18:43:18 2011 +0100 >>> >>>  Provide default
backends.php where it makes sense. Add configuration >>>  options to allow
administrators to pick the backends to use. >> >> IMHO, there is no need
for a configuration options to allow  >> administrators to pick the
backends to use. It is much simpler for  >> an admin to only configure the
needed backends rather than having to  >> configure the one you need and
then go through the GUI to disabled  >> the other ones. >> >> Looking at
turba backends.php, not everyone need all backends  >> configured by
default and then enabled/disabled through the admin  >> GUI, ie : >>
$cfgSources['localsql'] >> $cfgSources['localldap'] >>
$cfgSources['personal_ldap'] >> $cfgSources['prefs'] >>
$cfgSources['favourites'] >> $cfgSources['facebook'] >> $cfgSources['imsp']
>> $cfgSources['kolab_global'] >> $cfgSources['kolab'] >> >> This
configurations should be provided as examples (commented out),  >> except
localsql ? If someone need any one of them, then they can be  >> configured
thought backends.local.php. >> >> this should avoid errors and speed login
process. > > No, the current setup works now for 99% of the installations
without  > any administrator interaction.  Again, as an admin, I think that
this is a bit too much. Removing unneeded config makes our life easier. *I*
don't see the benefit of having to use the GUI to enabled a backend that is
already enabled in the backend files.  What happens if you have IMP as your
auth application and modify the backend files ? You can't login I guess,
because you need to use the GUI to enable the new backend and disable the
older one.   Ronan.