[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. a0c1ee118b71c24b4ecb12da20606822490992ec

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Feb 14 18:59:55 UTC 2011

> commit a0c1ee118b71c24b4ecb12da20606822490992ec
> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Date:   Sat Feb 12 18:43:18 2011 +0100
>
>     Provide default backends.php where it makes sense. Add configuration
>     options to allow administrators to pick the backends to use.

I really don't like this change, at least with respect to IMP.  If we
are going to store backend configuration in a separate file, that
config needs to be exclusive to that file.  The "available" config
option in conf.php is overkill and confusing.

I would rather see backends.php shipped with a 'disabled' option set
to true for each example.  Then an admin simply needs to remove the
'disabled' option to activate a given config example.  Better yet,
when an admin manually adds an entry to backends.php, it will just
work as expected - no need to change anything in conf.php.

michael