[dev] default backends

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Feb 14 19:08:19 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:
>
>> Again, as an admin, I think that this is a bit too much. Removing
>> unneeded config makes our life easier.
>
> What is too much? Using the configuration UI?
>
>> *I* don't see the benefit of having to use the GUI to enabled a
>> backend that is already enabled in the backend files.
>
> You need to go to the UI anyway to create the configuration. I don't
> get your problem.
>
>> What happens if you have IMP as your auth application and modify
>> the backend files ? You can't login I guess, because you need to
>> use the GUI to enable the new backend and disable the older one.
>
> Read docs/INSTALL. Creating the initial configuration was never
> supported while authenticating through IMP.

I agree with Ronan (see my other post).  Creating a new backend entry
in backends.php and THEN needing to go back and recreate the conf.php
file is much too complicated.  Especially when you are adding backends
at a time well after you have configured IMP.  IMHO, adding an entry
to backends.php should Just Work (TM).

michael