[dev] CI suggestion

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 23 17:26:31 UTC 2011

CI/Jenkins is a really cool tool (Thanks Gunnar!)  But one suggestion:
ditch the code complexity tests.  They are worthless.  They clutter
the output for the more useful results, and don't provide any
meaningful input.  They would have you reduce a method/class to the
point of extreme abstraction, and unmaintainable code, just for the
sake of making sure an artificial number stays below a certain vague
threshold.

Either that or dramatically increase the limits before it starts
throwing warnings.  E.g., it complains that Horde_Variables "has too
many methods".  Really?  It has 22: 1 is the constructor, 4 are magic
methods for property manipulation, 5 are methods requiring to
implement Iterator, and 1 is a method required to implement Countable.
  I hardly think the 11 remaining methods in this class are "too
many".  (I don't think 100 methods in a class is too many either,
FWIW, as long as they coherently tie in with each other).

michael