[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. content-1.0.0alpha1-103-g9e5828c

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Mar 13 18:44:13 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>>    Bug #9153: Standardize on using Horde_Db_Column::binaryToString() for now
>>
>>    This isn't automatic-elegant, but it works. Also extend the
>> binary tests to
>>    other backends, and fix double-escaping of percents in SQLite
>> binary data.
>
> How about *always* returning a stream instead? Makes much more sense
> for BLOBs anyway and could use native stream methods if available in
> the driver.

My sense is that the general Horde_Db methods are never going to be
ideal for blobs that are truly large, and that we should eventually
have special methods for efficiently inserting and retrieving blobs
(successors to the Horde_Sql::*Blob methods). So from that point of
view, having Horde_Db default to string handling makes sense to me.

-chuck