[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. content-1.0.0alpha1-55-g737d6d8

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Mon Mar 14 10:45:25 UTC 2011

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:
>

>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> I'm not sure how you intend this to work. Mark changelog entries
>>> specially in the commit message? We definetely don't want all
>>> commit messages in the logs.
>>
>> Combining this with the commit message would actually be optional.
>> The main point would be to allow modification of the change logs
>> via the command line. I find editing the package.xml files annoying
>> and if you have to keep track of two files for the applications
>> things don't get easier.
>>
>> The idea would be to use the context sensitive component helper
>> that I started at the beginning of this week (currently called
>> "hmk". Does anybody have a more decent name?).
>
> Do we need a separate command at all?

No we don't. Last week I just gave this a quick try and saw a number
of changes I would need to apply to horde-components in order to make
sense as a context-sensitive tool as well. I just didn't take the time
then to find a decent path that would allow me to achieve what I
wanted for "hmk" within "horde-components". So I started a separate
tool which I will partially revert soon.

This morning I completed my rough draft of the bootstrapping process. Now a

  git clone git://github.com/horde/horde
  php horde/components/bin/horde-bootstrap

gives you a (symlinked) development environment in horde/lib that you
can enter with

  horde/lib/devenv

Once entered you should have the tools installed in the PEAR
environment horde/lib/pear in your path (e.g. "hmk" and
"horde-components") so

  hmk release

should not be too far away now.

As mentioned I will need to revamp "horde-components" a bit in order
to allow for the old and the context sensitive mode at the same time.
I would rename it to "hc" if nobody objects (and drop the "hmk" idea).

Cheers,

Gunnar