[dev] Forward message with separate attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Mar 30 04:55:47 UTC 2011

> Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
>> On a not really related topic, I have a user (yes, just one) who is
>> complaining loudly that you can't include the attachments in a
>> reply...  Googling this idea shows it is a surprisingly common
>> issue, and for some reason lots of people
>> really do want to include the original attachments in their replies...
>>
>> Tossing it out for possible discussion...  Already told the user at best
>> this would have to wait until well after the next release is out next month.
>
> I agree - I think GMail's "include original attachments" feature is
> a nice implementation of this. It's very useful when adding people
> to a conversation that they weren't originally part of.

This is an option that I could be useful.  Although I worry that our
compose screen is already getting too cluttered as is.  So before we
start adding additional options to the screen, I would rather first
have a discussion of how better to organize our compose screen.  With
dimp we can always use drop-down menus, but I'm not sure we have that
option with IMP.

michael