[dev] [i18n] IMP H4 (5.0-RC2)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Mar 30 06:21:49 UTC 2011

>    * Support importing of compressed mailbox files.

This is a bit misleading.  I tried importing a compressed mailbox file
a few days ago, and it took me 15 minutes to discover why it wouldn't
work -- zip stream handling is not built into PHP by default
(http://us.php.net/manual/en/zip.installation.php).  Having zlib on
your system and built into PHP is not sufficient.  Nowhere in Horde
(or IMP) does it mention at all that this is necessary.  Advertising a
feature that most PHP users can't use is probably not a good idea.

I've gone ahead and implemented a fallback to Horde_Compress_Zip if
the zip extension is not available.

michael