[dev] turba-git prefs

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Apr 5 15:12:14 UTC 2011

Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:

> Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> a écrit :
>
>> Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to set prefs 'addressbooks' to use backend 'localsql'.
>>>
>>> I gave up trying to set this pref through hooks.
>>>
>>> Here is my prefs.local.php :
>>> $_prefs['addressbooks']['value'] = json_encode(array('localsql',
>>> 'localldap', 'favourites'));
>>>
>>> The backend 'localsql' is configured using default settings (backends.php).
>>>
>>> I've deleted all prefs (ie: mysql> delete from horde_prefs;)
>>>
>>> When a user logs in, user's private address book is never available.
>>
>> As explained in http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/9728 you can't use
>> the'localsql' in the prefs to represent that source when using
>> shares. The $cfgSource array, which holds all address book
>> configuration is populated dynamically with each user's shares
>> during Turba's application initialization, i.e., 'localsql' will
>> *never* represent any available address book when using shares.
>
> I wanted to start from scratch with setting up turba using a setup
> as simple as possible, no hook.
>
> But, reading your comment, I understand now that I've been misled by
> comments in turba/config/prefs.php :
>
> // Address books to be displayed in the address book selection widget
> // and in the Browse menu item.  The address book name is stored using
> // the source key from backends.php (e.g. "localsql").
> // You can provide default values this way:
> //   'value' => json_encode(array('source_one', 'source_two'))
>
> There are a few comments/examples making references to backend
> 'localsql'. This is really confusing me.

Yeah, good point. We should tweak the text in that file. "localsql"
will work, but only if it is not being backed by shares...as was the
defaults in earlier versions of Horde, hence the reason that using
'localsql' worked for you in the past.

> Also, the use of backend 'localsql' in prefs.php was working in
> previous version of turba.

Yup. Still will work, if not using shares (see above).

>> Have you tried moving the code you were using into the new hook
>> that Michael Slusarz added? The code that was provided to you that
>> gives you an accurate list of available address book sources was
>> correct. The time that the code was being executed, however, was
>> not correct (it was too early in the application start up process).
>> The new hook should be called late enough to make this possible.
>
> No, I haven't try the new hooks yet.

Using shares, a hook is the *only* way you will be able to do this.

--mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org