[dev] Fwd: [horde] PGP does not allow import of public/private keypair

Bill Day williamson.day at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 21:12:27 UTC 2011

>>> https://williamsonday.org/horde/services/prefs.php?app=imp&group=pgp"
>>> "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.15)
>>> Gecko/20110303
>>> Firefox/3.6.15"
>>> 6
>>>
>>> The above is all I could find in the logs regarding PGP (from the Apache
>>> 2
>>> access log).
>>> I have checked that files upload is on in php.ini.
>>> I don't think that  the problem is with uploading files, since uploading
>>> the
>>> keys in S/MIME or the PGP public key to the address book works fine.
>>> I have done a clean install of Horde, and I then tried uninstalling and
>>> reinstalling IMP.
>>> Gpg works on my system from the command line and from Thunderbird.
>>> I have tried loading the PGP preferences in both Firefox and Chrome.
>>> My box is running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 LTS.
>>>
>>> Can anyone suggest either something more I can do to troubleshoot or a
>>> possible reason why the button allowing me to import my public and
>>> private
>>> keys does not show up?
>>> Thanks for your help and patience.
>>>

>> What *does* show up instead. The upload form/link is only displayed if you
>> don't have a private key, so if you don't see it, you should see a key
>> instead.
>>

>> Jan.
>>
>> --
>> All I see is the box that allows you to enter the information needed to
>> create a key and a button that says "Create Key".  Unlike Horde 3 or the
>> instructions, there is not a button that says "Import Private Key".
>>

> O.K., in the end I resorted to the ax not the scalpel.

I found the following code in
/horde/imp/templates/prefs/pgpprivatekey.html:

<if:import_url>
   <input type="submit" name="save" class="button" id="import_pgp_personal"
value="<gettext>Import Keypair</gettext>" />
</if:import_url>
   <tag:personalkey-create-actions-help />

I chopped out the <if:import_url> tags.  Now things seem to work.

Cheers,

Bill

--
Bill Day