[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. f0cf75170da1e553435c6e97b10f4e0295d30835

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Tue Jun 21 20:11:35 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

>>> The branch "master" has been updated.
>>> The following is a summary of the commits.
>>>
>>> from: 40ff87142e42a7d47c299bd8bea24219ea8a2c46
>>>
>>> f0cf751 We even need this unconditionally, because it makes sure
>>> to use the files from a local checkout first, instead of only
>>> searching the global include_path.
>>
>> The reason why this didn't make sense to me was that the fixed path
>> "dirname(self::$_file) . '/../../../lib'" only seems to apply to
>> packages such as Horde_Date where self:$_file references
>> Date/test/Horde/Date/AllTests.php. But what about
>> Service_Gravatar/test/Horde/Service/Gravatar/AllTests.php where we
>> have an additional level in the hierarchy? Can you detail under
>> which conditions the include_path manipulation is required?
>
> It's always required if you want to test on a Git checkout, unless
> your checkout happens to be linked into the include_path.

"test on a Git checkout" means testing on a plain checkout without any
further actions taken? I assume that would fail for all test suites
anyhow as at least Horde_Test would need to be available in the
include_path. I would assume that you need to run
"framework/bin/install_framework" and add the install destination in
your include path before you can run any of the Horde test suites?

I don't see why we need the statement unconditionally if it only works
for the packages with a 2-level hierarchy. I would assume there should
be a better solution to achieve the desired effect.

Cheers,

Gunnar