[dev] documentation folder for applications

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Jul 5 06:46:08 UTC 2011

> Or maybe something like?
>
> "The test script is currently enabled. For security reasons, disable test
> scripts when you are done testing (see horde/INSTALL in PEAR's
> documentation folder)".
>
> But then again, at least for me it sounds like we are adding more problems
> here just because of  PEAR wide policy.

We could read pear's doc_dir variable instead of this, at least in the context
of dynamically generated pages. Packaging software and putting things into an
environment's standard places is really a big step forward. I also like how
pear installs the commandline tools into a dir in the standard search path,
such that I can run them like any system tool without giving paths.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer

B1 Systems GmbH