[dev] Ulaform release and future

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Fri Jul 15 11:59:18 UTC 2011

Hello list,

Given that all Ulaform patches I had locally were commited I wanted to discuss where to go next for the release and a (possible) future of Ulaform.

I have converted Ulaform to new H4 API including all the legacy methods and deprecated libraries.  I have extensivelly tested all the funcionality except for PEAR embedding of forms on external pages. Everything works and at the current state I think Ulaform can be released as beta. What else need to be done to make Ulaform release appear on the web and on pear.horde.org ? Probably CHANGES/package.xml need to be updated with most important stuff? As I don't really have a Horde git access I will leave this last part for someone with proper release management skills :) Anything else?

Also as Ulaform uses Horde_Forms extensivelly I remember there was discussion in the past about a new Horde_Form library which would be more suitable for modern web. What is the status of that library and is anyone still interested in it? I have some spare time so can look into it. In fact it would help me a lot for my internal company purposes.

--
  Best Regards,

  Vilius Šumskas
  LNK TV IT manager