[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 413405d0e327265fc040114808380c4711010d0f

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Aug 4 14:28:29 UTC 2011

> commit 52d22e69b9d98df64bd8450a9c389b53d7e5c6f6
> Author: Vilius Å umskas <vilius at lnk.lt>
> Date:   Thu Jul 21 22:40:22 2011 +0300
>
>     Use factory and convert to Horde_Db at the same time.
>
>     I still think Horde_Db needs selectAssoc() badly which would work
>     on more than two columns. I spent hours trying to figure out how
>     to refactor some code to use indexed arrays.

Didn't look at your code yet, but FWIW, what I've been doing in these
cases is building the hash in the application's driver code. A good
bit of the time there are other things that needed to be done in the
loop anyway, e.g., driver field => application field translations.
This gives more control over what keys to use, and potentially saves
extra loops since to build the hash structure in the db layer, you
would need to iterate the results anyway.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org