[dev] A non-interactive commandline installer

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sat Aug 27 14:18:10 UTC 2011

While working on the horde 2go usb stick I needed a cli script for the basic
db setup and initial user config.

I used the Bundles API as a template and built a version which takes any
conf.php value(s) as gnu getopt style options.

It basically works for me but I had to drop any interactive parts and I didn't
want to change any existing packages.

Just in case anybody needs something like this, feel free to grab portions or
all of it here:

https://github.com/ralflang/h4-out-of-tree/blob/master/bin/groupware-suse-
install
https://github.com/ralflang/h4-out-of-tree/blob/master/horde4/lib/Bundle.php

I won't push this as it's obviously ugly and I won't have the time to clean it
up during the next weeks. Passwd and openSUSE integration are more pressing.

I'd rather implement something like perl's Getopt::Long as an addition to the
Cli component at some later point.

php has getopt (but only php5.3 has a usable version),
pear has Console_Getopt (ugly as hell, not very smart),
ezcomponents brings a nice console library but I didn't want a dependency on
another framework for a horde installer.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de