[dev] need help to understand content tagger getTags by tag-id.

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Aug 29 23:14:08 UTC 2011

Quoting roman stachura <roman at stachura.ch>:

> Am 17.08.2011 19:46, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting roman stachura <roman at stachura.ch>:

>>> I am not sure how good the idea is, to limit the inner Query.
>>> Performance concerns?
>>
>> Not sure about performance implications of the limit, but this is
>> necessary to enforce the radius. Unless you have some other
>> suggestion? Additionally, I'm not sure if the intention was to use
>> the same value for radius and limit, as it is currently
>> implemented. I see those as two discrete settings. Will look into
>> this as I write new tests for that method.
> this inner query needs a LIMIT statement, otherwise it can grow
> really big. --> rampage_tagged, there is the meat.

It already has a LIMIT applied, that's what the addLimitOffset()
method does - and is how the radius setting is enforced. Though this
method should probably be tweaked to allow passing in an explicit
radius setting, instead of using the limit setting. They are two
different purposes.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)