[dev] Twitter's bootstrap - nice base for future app guis?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Sep 3 18:32:36 UTC 2011

> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>>
>>> http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
>>>
>>> This looks really nice to me. What do folks think of it as a base
>>> for simple apps, or upcoming apps?
>>
>> Looks good and very flexible to me as well. And I'm a fan of using
>> something at least somewhat pre-designed as this seems to be one of
>> our weaker spots.
>>
>> Assuming we would use it for new/simple apps only I wonder if it
>> would integrate well with our old/complex apps. I assume both would
>> look very different. Question if it is possible to integrate at
>> least some design elements into the old/complex apps so that it
>> doesn't look too far apart.
>
> Well I think their topbar is a potential building block for the menu
> redesign you started another thread on. And if we're willing to put
> in the time on the skin, I think what goes below that could look
> similar for new and existing apps. The dynamic ones would probably
> be the hardest...

A bit late to this thread, but finally got some time to look at this.
It seems really nice to me, and I think this would be a great base to
start building our new menu. I also think we should consider putting
the time in on the skin as well.  Though that goes with the usual
"when I find time" caveat.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)