[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 58ef1ae895b31312073ba91b81ad1b3dfc88c02f

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Sep 22 20:07:09 UTC 2011

>>> I'm not sure what's wrong with FF, but with the most recent
>>> change, the background of the buttons are changed with a delay
>>> after the background of the actual A tag. This doesn't make sense
>>> because the link element is extended to the borders of the button
>>> but yet the button text and icon change the background first, then
>>> with a notable delay, the remainders of the button background is
>>> changed.
>>> I already tried a few things to change this, to no avail.
>>
>> I see this too (although not 100% reliably - it only happens some
>> of the time).  Almost sure this is a FF bug.  Not sure what to do -
>> don't have FF7 handy, so not sure if it is fixed there.
>
> It's reproducable reliably if you mouseout of the button and quickly
> mouseover it again. It's interesting that this doesn't seem to
> happen with the spellcheck button. The difference is that this
> button is manipulated after the page loading.

Re: the spellcheck button - I don't think it has anything to do with
manipulating after the page load.  Instead, I think it is instead
related to the fact that the image in the spellcheck button is an
image tag, versus the images in the other buttons being background
images of a span tag.

But I also discovered that the delayed effect goes away if you remove
the opacity: 0.6 definition from the pre-hover elements.  So it
appears to be something wrong with FF's rendering engine.

michael