[dev] Sprites

Roger Howorth roger at rogerh.com
Thu Oct 6 10:47:24 UTC 2011

My apologies if this has come up before - I searched this list for sprite and no sign of any previous posting.

When a browser loads Horde, there's a huge number of HTTP requests for icons and other graphics. Clearly this has performance implications for people connecting over high latency internet connections and for servers with few available processes.

Would it not be a good idea to combine all the graphics/icons/etc that could possibly be loaded into one sprite file?

-Roggie