[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. a17bb3c3d198faec8c4d4bcb6193106171cb9a5a

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Oct 19 19:02:10 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> But to be fair, that's not what jQuery was intended for. It's
>>> really about creating interfaces, effects and widgets, not complex
>>> applications. It's more like scriptaculous. And jQuery Mobile
>>> takes this to even higher limits. And in that regard, jqm is
>>> really awesome, and there is no equivalent for prototypejs in sight.
>>
>> For the record, I agree with this.  However, that doesn't help in
>> the current situation - trying to reuse code between a jquery setup
>> and a prototypejs setup. :(
>
> No kidding. You end up re-coding everything into jquery.

I ended up re-adding the jquery specific code, and tracked the changes
to the prototypejs code.  I looked into simply converting the code to
straight vanilla javascript, but we are enumerating through both
objects and arrays in the function call.  And this enumeration is one
of the main reasons you want to use a framework - since enumeration
has all sorts of browser-specific quirks.

michael