[dev] Crushing temp file generation in Turba Objects

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sat Oct 29 07:41:11 UTC 2011

> Agreed. Filtering the fields returned would be a fix to the
> immediate problem (and would reduce memory usage to boot), but the
> long term and more correct solution would be to refactor
> Horde_Form's image handling to either store the tmp file data in the
> session and unlink them at session shutdown, or maybe even store
> them in Horde's VFS (though that would introduce a dependency on the
> VFS library).

Guess I'm not seeing the need for the temp data in the first place.
If the data already exists in the turba data store somewhere,
shouldn't the code be refactored to point to this data instead of
creating a copy?

This is, in essence, what I will be doing to Horde_Mime_Part shortly.
For example: for messages stored on an IMAP server, there is no need
for the Horde_Mime_Part to store the contents within itself.  Instead,
it should internally contain instructions on HOW to obtain the data,
and only grab the data when necessary.  For PGP encrypted parts, this
instruction set will simply be a queue of steps needed to transform
the data from the base data store.

michael