[dev] Horde as a framework

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Mon Nov 7 10:27:13 UTC 2011

> Potentially relevant to this thread:
> http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/composer_solves_the_php_code-sharing_problem/

I keep a close watch on that one. But so far I don't think this will
be a competition to PEAR. The dependency resolution is probably nice
but the focus seems to be the development situation. And it kind of
encourages a bundled "vendor" directory which I abhor ;) There were
other things that I considered problematic. We had a heated discussion
concerning composer on the PHPUnconference in Hamburg about a month
ago. But Symfony 2 is going to support it and so I consider it
something that we should keep an eye on.

I actually would have uploaded all our packages on packagist.org
already if that one would support our git repo style ;)

Cheers,

Gunnar