[dev] best way to change subscribe_url_base to be in https

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Nov 17 11:05:35 UTC 2011

Zitat von LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to generate subscribe url in https even if my server is
> working in http mode. What could be the best place to do that?
> Using CAS, we are not transmitting the password so, no need to work in
> https. But when subscription is used or sync, we need to access in https
> mode

This is a bit short-sighted IMO. HTTPS is not to just keep passwords
from being sent unencrypted, but also to keep privacy of the whole
client-server-communication.
That being said, there is no easy way to enable HTTPS for only *some*
links. You need to hack every single place where you want to deviate
from the standard setting.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/