[dev] [horde] Getting Fatal Error : DB Error: connect failed

man man little_heartly at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 22 16:52:04 UTC 2011

Still did not get any reply about below points, Can you please help me out so problem can be solved.

Hello,

> > My horde was working fine and then i move my horde
> project to new server with new database.
> > I have changed horde/conf/conf.php with related db
> setting changes.
> >
> > But still i am getting db connection failed error.
> >
> > Note : Database is not on the same server, it is on
> the other server and for accessing it i am giving IP in the
> dbhost variable.
> >
> > I am getting below error,
> >
> > nativecode=Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> (using password: YES)] **
> mysql(mysql)://root:PASSWORD at unix:3306/
> >
> > Please help me to solve this problem as it is major
> issue for me.
>
> Looks like you didn't switch the connection mode from unix
> sockets to tcp.
>
> Jan.

I have changed $conf['sql']['protocol'] to tcp (before it was unix) in conf.php under horde/config directory.

Still getting same error.

Is it the thing you wanted to talking about switch unix to tcp or it is setting somewhere in server or in horde application?

Thanks