[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. e7a91e3ae4aa3b6bcd33c6f0474ebfcfa875d8b9

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Dec 6 01:35:05 UTC 2011

>> commit e7a91e3ae4aa3b6bcd33c6f0474ebfcfa875d8b9
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Date:   Mon Dec 5 17:33:03 2011 -0700
>>
>>    [mms] Fix displaying PGP key expiration information.
>>
>> framework/Crypt/lib/Horde/Crypt/Pgp.php |   20 ++++++++++----------
>> framework/Crypt/package.xml             |    2 ++
>> 2 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/e7a91e3ae4aa3b6bcd33c6f0474ebfcfa875d8b9
>

> It looks like this commit broke the test for
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/6601. I'm not 100% sure, but from
> reading the comments of that ticket, the key expiration date on that
> particular test is NOT set (but a signature expiration date is).

And that's exactly what we want.  Because the base certificate itself
will NEVER expire for any certificate we are interested in (if you
want the base cert to "expire", you need to revoke it).

In pgpPrettyKey() we are looping through the *signatures* of the key,
not the key itself.  So we want the expiration/creation date of the
signatures, not the key.

It looks like Bug #6601 was an incorrect solution.

michael