[dev] sesha status and questions

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Jan 16 15:27:07 UTC 2012

Am 16.01.2012 16:16, schrieb Vilius Šumskas:
> Sveiki,

>>> That   could   be   interesting  feature for me. When ALPHA version is
>>> ready I will try that.
>> I just merged sesha into master branch. It's not released as "alpha"
>> yet. On first look the queue thing seems to work.
>> When you want to test, edit this snippet into your registry.local.php
>>       'sesha' =>  array(
>>           'name' =>  _("Inventory"),
>>       // Uncomment this line if you want Sesha to provide queue and version
>>       // names instead of Whups:
>>       // 'provides' =>  array('tickets/listQueues',
>> 'tickets/getQueueDetails', 'tickets/listVersions',
>> 'tickets/getVersionDetails'),
>>           'menu_parent' =>  'devel',
>>       ),
> Does  this  feature work in such a way, that every asset in sesha have
> their  own  queue?  I have thousands of assets and a little bit afraid
> about the server performance :)
>
> Also  when  I  will  turn it on, what would happen to the old queues? Or do
> they co-exist somehow?

As I understand Jan's reply, you will not see queues from whups as long
as the sesha queues are active.
Sesha Categories (or Inventory Types, as we called them in the last
inventory I dealt with) become queues,
Stock items become versions.

If you wanted to have this pluggable, additional work would be required.
Basically whups needed to iterate over a list of pluggable calls like
'tickets/external/queues/sesha'
'tickets/external/versions/sesha'
'tickets/external/queues/other_app'
'tickets/external/versions/other_app'

and merge these with its own tickets api provider.

This is beyond the scope of the initial release/port to H4 but it's
probably worth it because it avoids people abusing sesha categories just
to have item queues and normal queues together. I haven't even checked
if the horde api supports the type of introspection this would need.

File a feature request ;-)

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer