[dev] AJAX Framework changes

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jan 26 22:04:34 UTC 2012

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:

> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> schrieb:
>
> I have no clue on the exact technical nature of the changes. But the
> way you describe it I'm not certain it is a BC break. If this only
> *adds* functionality we can require the newer package version in the
> applications that have been adapted to the newer versions.

Yes - these are new features.  This is no different than if I decided
to lump all these features into a new package called Horde_Foo, and
then required an application to have Horde_Foo version 1.0.0.

The old ways of dealing with AJAX in Core were mostly static methods
in Horde:: that have been deprecated.  Additionally, the changes
internally to the existing Horde_Core_Ajax_Application class should
not affect current code.

I'm probably going to move this to a topic branch at some point today.
  I can verify that IMP works fine with these changes - I haven't
stress tested it, but all of the major features work perfectly.  I'm
currently in the process of converting the Kronolith code over and
this might be a bit more experimental since I am not as familiar with
it.

michael