[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 4093650bf18198848b53b6f823dec9544a8db64e

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jan 26 23:35:13 UTC 2012

>> Quoting "Michael J. Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>
>>> commit 4093650bf18198848b53b6f823dec9544a8db64e
>>> Merge: e4c6ee8 bf46a47
>>> Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>>> Date:   Thu Jan 26 17:34:55 2012 -0500
>>>
>>>   Merge branch 'master' into develop
>>>
>>>   Conflicts:
>>>   	framework/Core/package.xml
>>>
>>> components/lib/Components.php                  |    4 ++--
>>> components/lib/Components/Component/Source.php |   23
>>> ++++++++++++++---------
>>> components/lib/Components/Helper/ChangeLog.php |    4 ++--
>>> components/lib/Components/Module/Change.php    |   18 ++++++++++++++----
>>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Themes/Css.php        |    2 +-
>>> framework/Core/package.xml                     |   10 +++++++---
>>> imp/docs/CHANGES                               |    1 +
>>> imp/mailbox.php                                |    2 +-
>>> imp/package.xml                                |    2 ++
>>> 9 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)
>>>
>>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/4093650bf18198848b53b6f823dec9544a8db64e
>>
>> Another major place where we don't have the whole master -> develop
>> process down quite yet...
>>
>> This commit blew away the entire changelog of Core/package.xml.
>> These changes are not ready for primetime yet, so they are not set
>> to get pushed out in the package.  That's why Horde_Core is
>> currently marked as version 2.0.0 in develop.
>
> *sigh* This is totally my fault. I had kronolith on my mind while
> making these changes, and I incorrectly thought I was merging
> Kronolith's package.xml. I'll revert these.
>
> Thanks for the catch.

Maybe we WANT a CHANGES file for packages for precisely this reason?

Normally, we can make changes in package files and we don't care if
they are released in the next package release - since we can just have
our applications ignore the changes until the next minor release.  In
other words, packages normally don't differ between master and develop
so this issue does not come up often.

However, Horde_Core is sort of the outlier.  Stuff changed there is
integral to the next minor release versions of the applications.  And
the API is still in flux, so we don't want to be releasing until we
are ready.

So maybe this isn't a big deal for packages with the exception of Horde_Core.

michael