[dev] Allow syncronization of multiple calendars with SyncMl

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 30 12:08:44 UTC 2012

Zitat von Gonçalo Queirós <goncalo.queiros at portugalmail.net>:

> Hi there dev.
>
> Attached is a patch that changes the Kronolith API so its possible to
> synchronize multiple calendars between Kronolith and Outlook, and
> respect the calendar-event relation.

This is already possible, technically, though I understand the
difference of your approach.

> I used the Funambol connector, so some code is only related with Funambol.
> The code is not 100% perfect, since there are some minor issues (some
> times you need to sync twice to actually sync), but i hope to fix that
> next week.
> I'm very interested in knowing if you guys think this can go to the code.
>
> The major features are:
> - Respect the event/calendar relation.

Not necessary, because we already search for the events' UIDs in all
calendars.

> - Automatically creates the calendars on Outlook/Kronolith when
> synchronizing

This is an interesting idea. Do you have any numbers/ideas/experience
how relieable the X-WR-CALNAME and X-FUNAMBOL-FOLDER attributes are?
The problem I have with that approach is, that those are calendar
*labels*. They can be changed, and they are not necessarily unique.

> - Move an event between two calendars on Kronolith, will also update the
> info on Outlook (event move between calendars in Outlook is not possible)

This already works, because moving an event adds a "delete" and an
"add" entry in the history storage.

> - Rename the calendar on Outlook/Kronolith, will update the other side
> calendar name

How does that work, i.e. how do you know the original calendar?

> - All add/delete/edit are synchronized, no matter to what calendar the
> event belongs to

Already works.

> Possible drawbacks:
> - Removing a calendar on Kronolith/Outlook will only erase all events
> from that calendar on the other side, not the calendar itself
> - I didn't tested with recursive events (although there's some code
> specific to these kind of events), so i don't know yet if they are
> synchronizing, no matter the calendar they belong to.

Do you mean recurring events?

> I also assumed that the Outlook default calendar should sync with
> Kronolith default calendar, but that can easily be changed.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Gonçalo Queirós
> Eng. Software
> *m.* 913918777
>
> *Portugalmail* | plataformas de inovação
> *w.* http://www.portugalmail.net

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/