[dev] Allow rename and change color of shares

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Feb 7 21:44:01 UTC 2012

Zitat von Gonçalo Queirós <goncalo.queiros at portugalmail.net>:

> Currently if a user shares a calendar or an address book with someone, the
> other user can't change the share name/color.
>
>  We are thinking in allowing the user (not the share owner) to give a
> name/color to a share, without actually changing the original value.
>  What do you think? Are you interested in this? And if you are, is there
> any path that we should follow?
>  Thanks,
>
>  Gonçalo Queirós

You probably want to store this in a hidden preference per
application. And obviously it should default to the share's color.
The most complex part is to allow users to open share dialogs for
shares they don't own, but only allow to edit the color, and all that
without cracking huge holes in the permissions checking.

Jan.
Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/