[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. fa956a4d83a7227e2a5d47bfe87185854e151fbc

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 14 14:21:36 UTC 2012

> Maybe what this boils down to is that the initialize() code needs to
> be cleaned up immediately.  Most of the stuff in there can be
> refactored to either load-on-demand or be initialized once and
> cached in the session.  You are going to see a giant speed boost
> when this happens.  I would even say this is the single most
> important feature that Kronolith 3.1 can offer.

I don't disagree with you about ::initialize(), but what I said in my
other email still stands; The changes to notification initialization
in Core will break synchronization to existing Kronolith installations
- or any RPC access that requires access to a calendar - if Core is
updated and Kronolith is not. That's a BC break.

I'll step out of the thread now, and let you and Jan decide if this is
actually to be considered breaking BC or if it can be called a "bug"
in kronolith that necessitates updating kronolith to fix.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org