[dev] Horde 5?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Mon Feb 27 07:18:28 UTC 2012

Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

>>> I think we began changing the Wiki page to "Horde 4.1 not planned"
>>> before it went into maint.
>>
>> I would love to start breaking BC and removing deprecated stuff, since
>> it seemed like half of the work/fixes I did this evening was figuring
>> out how to keep compatibility rather than fixing the problem.
>>
>> But I also think before we start work on Horde 5 we should probably
>> decide on how (or if) to setup the git repo differently than what we
>> currently have. Meaning: separate git repos for each
>> application/framework going forward?
>
> Don't know if we shouldn't postpone this repo reorg to release time.

If somehow possible I would say we should definitely postpone this.

Michael, do you see serious issues ahead in case we don't reorganize
the repo before the next release?

Not that I wouldn't like to break up the repo. I said so before and if
we are actually considering this I'm really happy. I'll definitely
invest my part in ensuring that we have the tools ready to allow
working based on a splitted repository. Might mean I will take a
closer look at "composer" which could help.

But I don't think we will be able to allow that to delay the release.
The recent hack was already a blow to our planning and I already see
difficulties in sticking to the time line we originally had in mind.
We can maybe extend by a week or two but thats about it. Restructuring
the repo and the tools we use for the release management is something
I don't see given the time we currently still have available.

Cheers,

Gunnar