[dev] Horde 5?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 28 07:59:28 UTC 2012

>> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>>
>>> Don't know if we shouldn't postpone this repo reorg to release time.
>>
>> I would vehemently disagree with this statement.  The time to
>> change repo structure must occur during the developmental window,
>> not right after the first stable version is released.  What if we
>> discover that we can't accommodate a new structure under Horde 5,
>> as released?
>
> Could we get Horde 5 out, let things settle a bit, then reorganize
> the repo and do Horde 6?

After thinking this out more (see my other e-mails), I have determined
I am less concerned about the git reorganization.  Instead, I realized
that it is our branch model that is broken.

So I can wait for git reorganization, under the condition that we need
to fix branch naming/organization.  Horde 5 needs to be split to a
topic branch immediately before releasing the initial version, and we
need to use master for bleeding-edge development going forward.

michael