[dev] Horde 5?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 29 02:21:24 UTC 2012

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Vilius ?umskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

>> Yes, I miss path in the commit email too. However I feel like it could
>> be  reparsed  from the email itself back to the subject with the right
>> piece of code.
>
> Yes, it could. I think Michael S. once started on that but it was
> something that probably didn't have enough of a priority to be
> further pursued.

I have some half-finished code sitting in a branch that was my attempt
to fix the commit scripts.  I converted the script to PHP, which
allows usage of Horde components to, for example, send correct e-mail
messages rather than messages that have broken non-7bit characters in
them.

But I don't really have the development time to deal with this right
now; nor the interest.  If anybody wants to see what I have, I would
gladly share.

What needs to happen is somebody needs to write a better,
general-purpose e-mail notify script for git.  There is a giant hole
in that area.

michael